By: Natalie Dedas, Sales & Events Coordinator
You’re booked. Now what? As event coordinators we tend to see the wedding process take charge of our brides and they become overwhelmed quickly. Wedding planning is not easy, but it doesn’t have to be difficult and cause many sleepless nights. There are some essential details you may need to know before diving into venue tours and catering proposals. Here are a few planning secrets for success…
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff Take it one step at a time. It is so easy to become overwhelmed with every wedding demand. The best way to tackle your to-do list is one-by-one in the most logical order. Prioritize and make sure you are not taking on more than your can handle. Make sure you confirm, confirm and confirm again. This allows a little cushion. If any minor hiccups were to happen, you have time to deal with them and you’re not alone, because your event coordinator will always be there to help! Don’t ever be afraid to ask questions. If there’s an issue, let’s discuss it and overcome the obstacle. No need in stressing out the beautiful bride!
- Trust Your Coordinator This is what we do. We love it. Making your wedding dreams come true is our passion, trust us. Trusting your event coordinator, will allow you to be stress free throughout the entire planning process. The more you learn to let go (which is hard we know) the more you will enjoy the process. It’s easy for brides to get stressed, and they can begin to not enjoy planning their wedding. We take that stress off of you to complete the necessary tasks. For example, no bride wants to be setting up the day of her wedding. Enter: The amazing Ice House staff. We take all of your personal items, set your decor out and make sure everything looks perfect for your special day. We are control freaks, which is the main reason you should trust us.
- Know Your Budget Be realistic. Sit down and discuss the budget- before you do anything!!! The bulk of your wedding budget will go towards your venue and catering. Before you start shopping around, it’s always good to know your limit ahead of time and tell your caterer that. When it comes to helping generate a proposal of costs this will help your catering coordinator tremendously. Another helpful hint: Look for seasonal discounts! Many venues hold promotions in certain months, days and even in their off-season. If you’re looking to save a little bit and put more money towards the menu of your dreams, this is a great way to do so.
- Lighten the Guest List Weddings can add up quickly. The easiest way to cut your costs is by trimming the guest count of course! The majority of your wedding expenses are going towards wining and dining your guests. Once you begin to cut the guest count and invited guests respond to your RSVP’s, you will begin to see your total cost drop significantly.
- Have a Tasting! This is the best part about wedding planning. Here at The Ice House, we tend to see the future grooms perk up a little bit when it comes to the food. With our in-house caterer, Crushed Ice Catering, it’s easy to be above and beyond for your wedding tasting because the food is out of this world. The tasting experience at the Ice House & Crushed Ice Catering is unlike any other tasting you may experience. Our catering coordinators take the time to sit down with you and discuss each menu item after you have tasted them, you get one-on-one time with our executive chef and bar manager. You even get to try your wine list and any specialty cocktails your interested in having! Our Ice House coordinators drop in to check on the planning process an answer any questions you may have as well.
Best advice, embrace the process and you will be glad you did. Manage your time at a pace your comfortable with, trust those around you and be realistic about your wedding goals. Use these tips for success and you will be on your way to fun in the sun on your honeymoon reminiscing about the wedding of your dreams!